Join our collective of incredible people working to resolve cases for our valued clients with efficient, cost-effective resolutions.
Coffey Modica is a fast-growing regional law firm focused on insurance defense in six offices in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. We are a cutting-edge organization and were recently featured in Law360 and noted for our “Google-like Culture.” Our industry-leading benefits package and perks include 401k match, family leave, and paid parking with flexible work-from-home potential. As an expanding firm, we are seeking attorneys interested in growing with us and offer an exciting opportunity to be part of a vibrant supportive, family-friendly team.
General Liability Defense Associates
- These positions are in our White Plains, Long Island, and Buffalo offices
- Admitted to practice in New York
Coffey Modica is hiring several associates with 1–4 years of experience in general liability and coverage, including defense of New York Labor Law, property damage, premises liability and construction defect or medical malpractice litigation, and nursing home experience.
Candidates must be admitted in either New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut. This is also a position that will allow for second chair trial experience with some of the best ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates) trial attorneys in the United States, on some of the largest litigated matters currently ongoing in the country.
- Superior communication, writing, research, and time management skills
- Ability to independently handle and manage, with Partner oversight, all phases of litigation
- Draft motions, discovery demands, and responses
- Handle court appearances and depositions
- Communicate with clients and provide status reports
- Potential to work on complex trial teams and participate in trial preparation and second chair opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan and match
- Generous family leave program
- Billable hour bonus program
- Paid parking
Coffey Modica values diversity and recognizes that it is an essential component of our culture and an excellent benefit to our clients. We appreciate the role of having a diverse workforce contributes to both our success and the world at large. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
We not accepting resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.